Sunday, November 23, 2008

Procrastination Station

B-school essays are hard, maybe if I write all wordy and fun in my blog and on yelp I'll be able to write in b-school essay speak...or at least will just get to put off writing essays for a little longer.

This weekend I was meant to spend all my days writing, here's what I did instead:
caught up on Grey's Anatomy (well, almost anyway)
caught up on Gossip Girl (folks, that means watching FOUR episodes, ew, gross)
watched the Harvard Yale Game (really?)
Fixed two of the three necklaces I've been meaning to fix for 6 months
ate half a box of cereal
bought turkey broiling pans in an effort to see if my oven would fit two birds at once (no, it won't if you're curious)
spent a lot of money on oldnavy.com
wrote a yelp review
sent pictures of my nephew eli to all my friends
looked at pictures of eli (x4)

Oh, and made some progress on my 'activities list' and wrote half of two essays.
Awesome.

It's much more fun to make fun of myself and my antics, or let you know that fundraising is going well than to try to say how great i am without sounding conceited--I mean, how do you do that? I have yet to figure it out, especially when the question is: what do others admire most about you. "they love my good looks and sparkling personality" yowza, we're gonna need some work there.

The good news is, hard work pays off, I went to the doc a few weeks ago and was told my lungs are normal! Like, they are as functional as a person without CF--wahoo for pulmozyme, my vest and hypertonic saline. Keep it up CF foundation and researchers.

Oh, and in case you are curious, the event at Rogue was great. Everyone loved trivia and drank a lot of beer. Nice work people.


CF Young Professionals will be back and better than ever in 2009-so stay tuned :)

No comments: