Friday, February 17, 2012

Ms. Sudow's Getting MARRIED!



Yup, it's true. On December 11, 2011 Zack proposed as we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was awesome. Here's the story...somewhat compressed: He went to DC in early November, under the auspices of visiting our friend Tim, asked Dad at dinner. Dad was of course thrilled not only because Zack few across the country to ask him (in person) but also because he really likes Zack, like, a lot. Then a few weeks later when we were home for Turkey Day, we went out to dinner with Mom. She (inappropriately) wore her mom's engagement ring to dinner and flashed it in our faces....awesome Mom, thanks for bringing up a subject we don't already talk enough about. Insuing argument ends in the idea to try on emerald cut rings to see what we think. And prompts Zack to secretly ask Mom to send the ring across the country...She does, UN-INSURED! yipes.

A few weeks later our friends Zack and Jon ask us if we want to do brunch and hiking in the Presidio, this is totally normal weekend fare for us, so of course, I oblige, only make a lot of excuses about having a ton of work to do and going to Oakland to meet Whitney...strangely that morning Whit cancels on me (something about watching students in a play) and Zack and Jon cancel on us (something about buying a house and Jon frantically printing tax documents). So we venture out on our own, brunch at Liverpool lils complete with bloodies and mimosas, and a stroll in the Presidio. Zack refuses to touch me as we're walking--joking around I assume. But then as soon as we get on the bridge he offers to hold my hand. Something he would NOT do 4 years earlier when we made the same walk before we were dating.

At the first pylon we stop, look at the view, act all lovey dovey. I tell him I love him. He tells me he loves me too, and that's why he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. He gets down on one knee.....I hear nothing else. Commence tears, see the ring, freak out it might fall into the Bay, get confused as to how he has DD's ring in the first place. He asks if I say yes, OF COURSE I DO!



(I would have a nasty cut on my knuckle the day I get engaged...)


Amazing. So here we are, embarking on an adventure to plan a wedding in the Bay Area that will live up to our friends' expectation of what a wedding hosted by Aly and Zack could and should be.

.....so now, fundraising blog turned travel blog turned rant of a new teacher, is turning into those wedding blogs people talk about--let's see how it goes.

No comments: