Saturday, January 12, 2008

Singapore

Singapore is weird. Small city, so many malls. for someone as mall-phobic as I am, it is a bit overwhelming. Not only are there a lot of malls (really really big malls), but somehow I kept ending up inside of them without meaning to. Since you get fined $1000 or four nights in jail for jaywalking, it's important not to. So you have to find the over passes and underpasses to walk anywhere. Well, as soon as you find an overpass inevitably it leads you into a mall or food court before you can get back to the street. Thing is, it's hot and humid here, so sometimes you are kind of releived to be in the a/c while going through the mall sensory overload.

Then there's the food. Fried, on sticks, in pockets with rice or noods. And some odd combinations. I was drooling over the donuts behind the donut counter until I saw their specialty, a spicy cheese donut on a bed of lettuce--what?! They also have a bunch of American food, like hot dogs (80 cents extra for the bun) with flavored mayo, you know, kiwi strawberry mayo an the like.

One thing I have found that I like are the bubble teas. Not only a refreshing drink, but also with every sip you get a chewey, gummy thing, yum.

That's all for singapore. They do also have a 'Little India' which gave me a small hint of what is to come.

No comments: