Friday, September 25, 2009

"I'm the TRUTH in that class"

It's the little things that keep you going. You have to find them somewhere. Chris straggled into my class 10 minutes late today. This is pretty normal. He wears gold grillz in his teeth, has dreads and used to be asleep half the time in class. Lately he's been trying. Answering questions when I am at the board and asking for help when we do independent practice. He's starting to get it. Today after Mr. Deans hearded him into my classroom and made sure I made a note of his tardiness, Chris tried. I helped him with some of the problems. In the hallway as class was moving, he saw me and Mr. Deans and said, Mr. Deans, "I am the TRUTH in that class now." All excited and proud of himself.

I just smiled. I think I am getting through to at least one of them.

No comments: